How to Import Contacts
* The following instructions apply to System Administrators only *
NOTE: The Salesforce wizard has been updated as of February 2017 and the following instructions may not apply depending on what version of Salesforce you are currently operating. If your import wizard gives you an "Insufficient Privileges" error, you will want to use these instructions to complete your Contact import, and these instructions for your Transaction/Property import.
Before you import:
- In order to import your contacts, you will first need to have them formatted by Support. Submit your spreadsheet in CSV or Excel format on the help.ijungo.com web form with the subject line "Database to Format." Feel free to include any other identifying information in the 'Message' box, such as "These are all closed clients" or "This is a list of realtors."
- The instructions below apply to single user accounts only. There are some slight changes when importing for multiple users, mostly that your spreadsheet must be formatted for that scenario. Please consult a support representative if you have questions regarding this.
Import your Contacts:
- First, save the formatted CSV file that was email to you by Support to your Desktop or somewhere else accessible.
- In your CRM, click on "Import Contacts" on the Home Page, on the left side of the screen, in the "Custom Links" Box.
- Click Import Accounts/Contacts in the Yellow box where it says "Note to Administrator" and then click
"5. Start the import wizard" to begin your import
- Follow the steps outlined by the import wizard:
- Step 1: NEXT
- Step 2: Browse for your CSV file, click NEXT.
- Then you only need to click NEXT, NEXT, NEXT and IMPORT NOW
- Click the link on the right that says, "What import files are pending"
- Refresh your browser to make sure the status says "Completed"
Watch the video below for information how to import contacts:
Did you find this article helpful?